Exactly 60 days from today - Nov 4 - we will blog for peace.
|Peace globe by Michelle Frost in Scotland.|
Dona nobis pacem. Grant us peace.
You don't have to be a rabble-rouser, a tree hugger, a hippie or a protester to speak loudly for peace in the world. All you need is a quiet determination, a blog, a Facebook profile, a Twitter account, a website or any other place on the web you call home.
Simply post for peace on Nov 4.
Blogging for peace is easy.
Here are a few ideas:
- Title your blog post "Dona nobis pacem"
- Make "Dona nobis pacem" your FB status
- Post a peace globe as your Facebook profile pic. Make your own or use any you see on this page.
- Get a blank peace globe template from this page and make your own personalized peace globe. Write a post about what peace means to you and share it on social media. That is the traditional and original way we blogged for peace. It is still the most effective venue.
- Tweet "Dona nobis pacem"
- Take a selfie of what peace means to you and post it on Instagram.
- Volunteer in your community. Make a peaceful impact on the lives of others.
- Light a candle for peace on Nov 4
- Pray for peace on Nov 4
- Make a peace video. Share it
- Visit other people on social media who are blogging for peace. Read their posts. Admire their peace globes. Comment! Share your own contributions with people all over the world. Be a part of this amazing community.
-Join our Facebook Fan page or Peace Bloggers Group
- Bake peace cookies!
- Make peace smoothies!
- Play peace songs all day
- Make peace with someone you're at odds with. It's a great day to start a new conversation.
- Wear a Blog4Peace T-shirt or put a bumper sticker on your car. Find those here.
- Take my 60 Day Challenge. Write down ONE way to be peaceful each day for the next 60 days. Then do it. (see FB post below)
- Share all the peace globes and posts you see online with everyone!
Remember our motto: If words are powerful...then this matters.
4. Title your post or status Dona Nobis Pacem (Latin for Grant us Peace) hashtag #blog4peace #blogblast4peace